I came across this page recently while looking for some free yoga classes around town and thought I’d share what I found – because there’s quite a bit!
I’ve really found yoga helpful for my outdoor activities. Not only has does it generally help keep me limber, but the breathing, mind-clearing techniques, and muscle awareness you gain from focusing for 10 minutes on a specific point in your body are helpful on the slopes or just hiking through the woods.
This list is straight from YogaLand.ca’s website:
Updated October 8, 2019. Please contact me if you know of other classes that could be added to the list.
- Mom and Baby yoga: Fridays 9:30am at the St Laurent Shopping Centre
- Full Moon Yoga at Lansdowne Park – 9-10pm – September 14
- Yogatown Ottawa: Fridays 7:30-8:30 ($8 Minimum)
- Modo Yoga: Thursdays 8-9pm ($8 Minimum)
- Modo Yoga: Saturday 2-3pm led by a teacher in training. Free for members and only a $5 donation.
- Yogatown Stittsville: Fridays 6-7pm
- Pure Yoga Centretown: Fridays 7:30-8:30pm – ($5 CASH ONLY)
- Pure Yoga Westboro: Fridays 7:30-8:30pm – ($5 CASH ONLY)
- Elevate Yoga: Friday 7:30-8:30pm
- Pranashanti: Fridays 7:30 pm Community Yoga for $5
- Warrior Yoga Fridays 6-7pm at 1226 Wellington St W (SoulSpeak Yoga) $5.
- Inner Soul Yoga: $10 classes on Fridays
- Simply Mediation at Planet Botanix Sunday evenings at 5:15 pm $5
- Studio 57 in Ottawa South. Enjoy the benefits of small class sizes and individual attention. Classes are $10-$15 when you register for a session. The studio in Natalie’s home has plenty of props, a calming atmosphere.
- Hatha alll levels class with Amberlea Mondays 7-8pm at the Alexander Community Centre. Drop in $10, or $35 for 5 classes.
- Yoga (all levels including beginner) with Susan Wang. Saturdays 9:30-10:30am Tuesday 7-8pm, Tai Chi, Saturdays 10:30-11:30am, 140 Mann Ave., 1st floor Common Room. $6 per class Contact Susan to sign up or for info: yoga4everyoneOttawa@gmail.com
- The City of Ottawa recreation programs are affordable, and you can apply for subsidy for discounted or free programs.
- Most yoga studios offer a discounted introductory class package. Visit their websites for details.
- Most gyms offer yoga as part their membership.
- Yoga at work! My workplace yoga and meditation classes range between $8-10 per participant, per class. Get a group together and get your yoga in at noon, or before or after work. Please contact me for more information.
The Full Moon Yoga at Lansdowne is espeically cool:
I’ll try to update this page as often as I can, but best to double check on the YogaLand website to see if they’ve added any more!