Looking for somewhere to for a winter walk or hike? Check out this thorough list of more than 800km worth of winter hiking and winter walking trails thrown up in the National Capital Region Trail Running and Snowshoeing Association Facebook page:
WINTER RUNNING WALKING HIKING TRAILS
There are almost 800km of pathways and trails available for running in the winter in the area. There is no need to walk or run on ski trails.
In the winter, most trails are dedicated to cross-country skiing or snowshoeing. However, there are four trails (about 10km) dedicated for winter hiking.
Visit the NCC Hiking and Walking page for more info on these trails below:
- Sugarbush Trail, near the Gatineau Park Visitor Centre in Chelsea 2km
- Lauriault Trail, near the Mackenzie King Estate (parking lot P6) 5km
- Pioneers Trail, in the Hull sector of Gatineau (parking lot P3) 2km
- Capital Pathway, in the Hull sector of Gatineau (parking lot P1 or P3) 3km
Near the Gatineau Park there are over 40km of run-hike trails.
- Chelsea Trails
- Hendricks Trail 5km
- Hendricks Farm and Meech Creek 3km
- Hull–Chelsea–Wakefield Railway 33 km
- Cross Loop Road from P16-P15 5km