The NCC is testing out a new Cross Country Ski Trail Conditions map that is now accessible to the public.
With separate views for skate-ski trails and classic/back-country trails, the new interactive-ish map allows would-be skiers to:
- Plan your cross-country ski adventure in the Park
- Get suggestions on ideal access points (parking lots)
- See the latest updates on ski conditions and grooming operations
- Get an overview of the recommended network for classic/back-country and skate skiing
- Find addition trail information
The map allows users to measure distances roughly, and it gives a little more detail on hazards and steep slopes than the regular map. Overall a nice step in the evolution of trail reporting.
And, once you’re done figuring out your perfect ski route through the park, you can click on the “Share” link to get a url to send to your pals.
And don’t forget, you can always get the latest trail reports from the diehards at xcottawa.ca, too!