At Stony Swamp, in south-western Ottawa, you can cross-country ski on these trails:
- Trails 20, 21 and 22 —7.7 kilometres of groomed ski trails that wind through forests with many interesting habitats.
- Old Quarry Trail — Ski along this 3.1-kilometre trail and learn about the unusual geology of this area. Use Old Quarry Trail: The Making of a Landscape as your guide.
- Trails 23, 24 and 25 — 9.5 kilometres of ski trails that connect to the Old Quarry Trail if you’d like to go even further.
- Trails 26, 27, 28 and 29 — 12.5 kilometres of ski trails.
- Lime Kiln Trail — This 2.1-kilometre ski trail passes a heritage lime kiln.
Some of these trails overlap with the Rideau Trail, which extends to Kingston, Ontario. The main Rideau Trail is marked with orange triangles, side trails with blue triangles.
There are outhouses at the P5, P7, P8, P9, P11 and P12 parking lots.
Parking Free, year-round parking is available at the P4 to P13 parking lots.