Experience camping like never before!
Situated along the historic Rideau Canal, surrounded by nature, wildlife and boats locking through, the Rideau Canal claims some of the most beautiful waterside views Eastern Ontario. At Parks Canada, we are pleased to offer you the opportunity to experience these sites with our oTENTik accommodations at three locations; Upper Nicholsons, Upper Beveridges, and Upper Brewers.
What is an oTENTik accommodation?
A cross between a tent and a rustic cedar cabin, an oTENTik is a unique accommodation for visitors to enjoy camping with the convenience of a bed and a campsite already set up and ready to go. This type of accommodation is the perfect way for families, friends and people of all ages to discover the joys of camping without the added investment of camping equipment.
An oTENTik offers a unique blend of warm comfort, coziness, and a taste of outdoor adventure. The accommodations provide an ideal base camp for people looking to explore the historical canal sites of the Rideau Canal, nearby nature trails, and easily accessible locations for canoes and kayaks.
Staying at an oTENTik
oTENTiks are available for reservation from January 17th to October 14th, 2019. They are available from May 17th until Ocotber 14th 2019, the same dates as the opening and closing of the navigation season.
You can reserve your oTENTik stay online at reservation.pc.gc.ca or by phone at 1-877-RESERVE.
Check-In: 3 PM
Check-Out: 11 AM
Inside each oTENTik:
- Beds to accommodate up to six campers
- Table and Chairs
- Broom and Dustpan
- Fire extinguisher, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Ample storage space under beds for gear and belongings
On each oTENTik Camp Site:
- Food storage unit
- Food preparation station
- Propane BBQ and propane
- Fire pit
- Picnic table
- 2 deck chairs
What to bring:
- Sleeping bags,blankets and pillows
- Food, drinks and a water container
- Cooking supplies, dishes, utensils and a cooler
- Slippers or Indoor Shoes
- Insect Repellent
A Few Rules
- Only Guide Dogs or support animal, are allowed inside the oTENTik structures. Pets in the park must be leashed at all times.
- For safety reasons, cooking is NOT allowed inside the oTENTik.
- The oTENTik must be cleaned prior to departure.
- Rules that apply to the other camping sites also apply at the Parks Canada oTENTik. Please check General Camping Information.
- Please store food, drinks, and all related items securely in the metal storage bins supplied on your oTENTik site so that wildlife does not have access to your food and drinks. Please do not leave any garbage or recycling in the storage boxes upon departure.
- In consideration of future guests, please remember that washroom facilities are just a short walk away.
- Possession and consumption of alcohol is enforced in accordance with the Ontario Liquor License Act. The act prohibits consuming or having an open container of liquor on docks, shelters and public areas. Liquor can be consumed at your rented oTENTik site ONLY.
- Cannabis consumption is prohibited around cooking shelters and public areas, and is restricted to your campsite. Smoking is prohibited in the oTENTiks.
Available at the Lock Station
Firewood cannot be brought into the park.
Firewood must be purchased within the site and is available at the Lock Station for $6.80.
Protect your forests from the Emerald Ash Borer – a highly destructive invasive insect which attacks and kills all species of ash. The Emerald Ash Borer has the capability to spread rapidly throughout trees and forests. A single piece of infected firewood can be detrimental to thousands of trees and forests.
If you accumulate any garbage or recycling during your stay, please use the bins located at the Lock Station.