Among the many campsites at Lac LaPeche are four rentable all-season tents that make great family getaways (or romantic ones.. your choice) in winter or summer!
The tents, about 50 metres apart, sleep four comfortably with a double bed / single-bed / single bed bunk system that rises into the peak of the tent.
The Gatineau Park four season tent’s kitchens are outfitted with a propane-powered fridge and two-burner stove. There’s generally enough pots and pans to cook most meals, but you should bring your own cutlery, utensils and dishes (there’s a dish sink there).
The tents are heated by a small wood stove, so you’ll have to add a few logs through the night.
Getting to the tents is a simple 4k hike in the summer on a very flat path, or in the winter a 3.5k cross country ski or a 4k snowshoe.
The tents are a short hop over to the lake, where there’s swimming and paddling, and about 1.5k from the Lusk Caves, which makes for lots to do.
- Weekends**: $125 per night*
- Weeknights (Sunday to Thursday): $87 per night*
- Additional cost: $5* per person per night for those without a season ski pass
$3* per person per night for those without a season snowshoe pass
Accommodates: four people
- Rectangular tent-shaped shelter set on a wooden platform.
- Number of sites: four (site nos. 254, 255, 257 and 258)
- Three-level bunk bed (one double mattress; two single mattresses)
- Double-burner propane stove
- Wood stove
- You must bring your own water. The four-season tent has no nearby source of drinking water, and no electricity.
Washrooms: There is an outhouse.
Parking: You can park for free in the P19 parking lot. From the parking lot, you can ski (3.4 km) or snowshoe (3.9 km) to the four-season tents.
Pets: Dogs and pets are not allowed in the four-season tents.
For availability and reservations, visit http://www.demsis.ca/gatineaupark.php.